A big milestone for our ops team!
Epic news. We just received our 1000th mail-in kit request! That’s pretty special for us because that means 1000 folks out there want their CD collections posted on Murfie. That also means our ops team has been working pretty darn hard.
A big thank you to everyone in ops: Andrew, Ben, Brian, Daniel, Eileen, Evan, Gao, Henry, James, Jon, Kayla, Keith, Leah, Melissa, Patrick, Sam, Tom, Tyler, Tynan, Victor, Will, and Zach. These are the guys that receive your kits and process all your discs, making the bread and butter of Murfie happen. Without them, you wouldn’t see anything in your account.
Now that we’ve all been around the block a few times, I’d like to share a few tips on how to treat your mail-in kit. Here’s some to-dos and to-don’ts:
- We only accept music compact discs. We don’t take CD-Rs, DVDs, cassette tapes, SACDs, etc.
- You’re not required to send us the CD packaging (jewel cases, album cover art, liner notes), but if you feel like it, we’ll gladly recycle any plastic cases after 90 days. We don’t recycle album art and liner notes: we keep those with your discs in storage.
- We don’t accept empty jewel cases. You need to send us your CDs in order to send us the plastic.
- The UPS label that we include with your kit is all we need to identify your CD collection.
- If you want to send us additional CDs, request another mail-in kit.
- We notify you via email once your CDs arrive to our HQ and again when they’re posted to your account.