In the premiere round of Murfie fact vs fiction, we shared six stats and policies about Murfie. This time, it’s personal. Read on for six more #MurfieFacts about our HQ and people, originally trumpeted on our twitter feed, and go behind the impregnable walls* of Murfieland. (*Jk, you just need an invite or a key fob.)
- We call the whole process of receiving your kit, digitizing your CDs and storing them in our warehouse “ingesting.”
- Our CEO Matt Younkle invented and founded TurboTap. (It pours beer better and faster.)
- Our name has its origins in MRF! (What’s a MRF?)
- We make our kits in a room called the Favre Room. Don’t ask. (OK, it’s because there’s a poster of Brett Favre on the wall.)
- One of the wintertime perks around Murfieland is unlimited oranges. It’s Wisconsin; we need our vitamin C, dang it!
- We leave a handwritten note on every outgoing kit. (We like to keep it real, yo.)
Until round 3 . . . feel free to leave us a question you want answered. (whatever, whenever!)
[Insert stock New Year greeting here.] Jk! On behalf of the entire crew at Murfie, I’d like to wholeheartedly wish you and your posse a stellar 2013.
The end. (is but the beginning.)
Everyone, put on your prettiest T-shirt. Because soon, there’ll be some fierce competition for the finest tee in the land. The crew at Murfie have randomly selected the five lucky duckies—from our pool of Holiday Giveaway participants—who get to don a super fresh Murfie T-shirt.
Congrats are in order to Erico, Steve, Adam, Marcos and Matt. High fives to all!
These good folks also snag $10 of store credit to use on murfie.com/shop.
If you failed to win the Murfie swag, don’t sweat it too much. Just keep a sharp eye on Promos + Giveaways here on our blog for all future contests.
Before y’all get too tired of listening to seasonal tunes, let us plug a few festive records that offer a burst of holiday cheer. Best enjoyed in high spirits.
A Charlie Brown Christmas – Vince Guaraldi Trio
“Smooth sounds great for sipping eggnog or hot cider (both usually mixed with rum).” — Matt
“The perfect way to annoy your coworkers during the holidays.” — Glynnis
The Singing Saw at Christmastime – Julian Koster
“Best listened to when taking a walk outside in the snow!” — Daniella
A Very Special Christmas 3 – Various Artists
“I’m normally circle pitting around the Christmas tree while playing this record.” — Keith
A Christmas Gift for You from Phil Spector – Phil Spector
“I usually have this playing while decorating the tree.” — Pete
When My Heart Finds Christmas – Harry Connick Jr.
“Harry’s got a killer backup band, and I challenge anyone to find a holiday tune that’s more fun than ‘(It Must’ve Been Ol’) Santa Claus.'” — Leah
Warmest greetings of the season from the crew at Murfie. We’re crossing our fingers that you have a gingerbread, sleigh ride and hot cocoa filled holiday. As a warm and fuzzy thank-you for being our friend, we want YOU to have a Murfie T-shirt. (Plus, some Murfie store credit.)
For a chance to win the tee and $10 of store credit, leave a comment to this post with your favorite holiday album before midnight CST on
Monday, December 24, 2012 Tuesday, December 25, 2012. Be sure to fill in your name and email address (your email is not published). Please, one answer per email. Three things to keep in mind:
- You must include the link to the album page off Murfie. For example, https://www.murfie.com/albums/various-artists-an-old-world-christmas–2
- There will be FIVE winners! :) The winning entries will be picked at random.
- If you have a facebook or twitter account, please give a shout-out to this contest.
All of the winners will be notified by email during the week of December 24th. Good luck XO
Our Developer team has just rolled out a neat upgrade to our “mini player” for Murfie Gold subscribers. The player is now officially a pop-out player, which gives you the option to continue listening to your music while browsing other web pages. Say it with me: three cheers for multitasking!
Own an iPad? Keep listening. We’ve got a pro tip for you… There exists a clever little trick that’ll make accessing your Murfie player on your iPad a breeze. So if you’ve got an iPad on hand, whip it out and follow along:
- Open Safari and go to Murfie.com.
- Log into your Murfie account and tap the player’s “pop out” button –> this loads your player in a new tab.
- On the left side of the address bar, tap the “curved arrow” send-to button.
- Select “Add to home screen.”
There, now you have an icon on your tablet’s home screen. Tapping that will launch you straight into a full-screen version of your mini player. Done and done! Let the good times roll.
Lion D is a rasta singer from Italy (yes, Italy) playing the international reggae scene. An intriguing combo, methinks. Learn more about the rising star in our one-on-one interview.
Who: Lion D; interviewed by Kayla Liederbach
What: An intro to the music and story of Lion D
Where: Murfie HQ, Madison, WI (via Skype)
When: Wednesday, November 28, 2012
How: Recorded by Kayla Liederbach
File: WAV version
Check out more of Lion D at facebook.com/liondreggae.
Into RSS? Follow our podcast feed via https://blog.murfie.com/category/podcasts/feed.