I am as pleased as punch to announce that we’ve hit another major milestone here at Murfie HQ. Our current disc count now tops 200,000 albums (201,532 to be exact). Meaning, there’s now more than 200,000 albums up for sale or trade in our marketplace.
That’s a Whole Lotta
Love music, amirite?
So, whenever you’ve got that music-lovin’ feelin’, here’s a tip. Try browsing the selection on Murfie; one of those 201,532 new and used albums just might be calling your name. Variety is the spice of a good music collection. (Also, make sure to let us know if you happen to reconnect with an old flame or find a brand new love on Murfie.com—we enjoy hearing from happy couples!)
Beeep. Beeep. We interrupt your regularly scheduled program to bring you this special report from the Murfie ops team. This just in: we’ve hit our 2000th mail-in kit request! I can’t even begin to tell you how chipper that makes us feel. You like us, you really like us!
And we like y’all in return. To show you just how much, let’s go through the process, 2GETHER, of what happens after your mail-in kit arrives at Murfie HQ.
- Your mailer appears at our offices in Madison, WI.
- We send you an email letting you know we’ve received your CD collection.
- We post your CDs to your Murfie account, and then put them away, safe and sound, in storage.
- We send you another email letting you know your account is ready.
- You log into your account and start doing fun stuff (like selling/trading with other members and/or requesting digital downloads)!
- P.S. Hint: You can browse our music shop at any time, even if your discs aren’t posted yet.
A big milestone for our ops team!
Epic news. We just received our 1000th mail-in kit request! That’s pretty special for us because that means 1000 folks out there want their CD collections posted on Murfie. That also means our ops team has been working pretty darn hard.
A big thank you to everyone in ops: Andrew, Ben, Brian, Daniel, Eileen, Evan, Gao, Henry, James, Jon, Kayla, Keith, Leah, Melissa, Patrick, Sam, Tom, Tyler, Tynan, Victor, Will, and Zach. These are the guys that receive your kits and process all your discs, making the bread and butter of Murfie happen. Without them, you wouldn’t see anything in your account.
Now that we’ve all been around the block a few times, I’d like to share a few tips on how to treat your mail-in kit. Here’s some to-dos and to-don’ts:
- We only accept music compact discs. We don’t take CD-Rs, DVDs, cassette tapes, SACDs, etc.
- You’re not required to send us the CD packaging (jewel cases, album cover art, liner notes), but if you feel like it, we’ll gladly recycle any plastic cases after 90 days. We don’t recycle album art and liner notes: we keep those with your discs in storage.
- We don’t accept empty jewel cases. You need to send us your CDs in order to send us the plastic.
- The UPS label that we include with your kit is all we need to identify your CD collection.
- If you want to send us additional CDs, request another mail-in kit.
- We notify you via email once your CDs arrive to our HQ and again when they’re posted to your account.