Look no further.
Murfie might be the largest and most diverse source of FLAC music online. Every album in our marketplace is a real CD that we rip in FLAC format and send to you digitally. We’re not like other FLAC download websites—the music you’re downloading is from physical CDs you really own. The music will remain yours as long as you wish, available for future downloads and even FLAC streaming.
How to buy FLAC music on Murfie
1. Create a free account.
2. Shop the marketplace. Sort by genre, search artists and album names, and check out our cool collections of albums.
3. Buy your album.
Fill in your billing details if you haven’t already, and your info will be saved for future purchases. We accept US credit cards, PayPal, and Bitcoin.
4. Go to your collection and search for the album, or click “Recent Activity” on the left sidebar of your collection.
5. Click “Delivery Options” next to the album. Choose FLAC in the drop-down menu and click “Request Download”.
Your download will arrive via email. You can also click “Downloads” on the left sidebar of your collection to see when your downloads are ready. Here are FAQs about downloading music on Murfie.
Helpful tip: Stream the album before you request a download, to make sure you really like it. Because if you don’t, simply return the album within 24 hours for full credit back to your account. Here are FAQs about Murfie streaming.
As you can see, it’s easy to buy FLAC music on Murfie. In addition to getting lossless audio, you get to own your music, and that can’t be beat.
Two things we’re fans of: lossless music and bitcoin. No doubt about it. Call us geeks, audiophiles, or what-have-you, but the recent interest in high quality files and virtual currency fits with what we’re doing at Murfie.
Here’s a how-to guide for buying lossless music with bitcoin on our site.
1. Sign up for Murfie. It’s free to sign up, and all you need is a name, email address, and password.
2. Add credit with Bitcoin. Select the desired amount of Murfie credit you’d like to buy on your billing page. You’ll be taken to BitPay to securely complete the process.
3. Shop for music. We have thousands of complete albums for just a few dollars each. Every album in the Murfie marketplace is backed by a used or new CD.
4. Download in FLAC or ALAC. Every CD at Murfie is ripped in FLAC and made available for you to download in mp3, aac, FLAC and ALAC.
5. Stream in FLAC. Murfie HiFi members can get CD-quality FLAC streaming on Sonos, Bluesound, and VOCO devices.
We want you to customize your own music experience. Having the option to pay with bitcoin and listen in lossless format is a wonderful thing!
Our big announcement last July had cryptocurrency enthusiasts buzzing: Murfie was (and still is) the largest music marketplace that accepts Bitcoin as payment.
Okay, so…why does this matter?
Bitcoin is a decentralized digital currency, so it isn’t tied to banks, gold, or specific countries at this point. If the benefit of that isn’t obvious to you, I’ll just say that it’s good to have options.
And the fact that Murfie accepts Bitcoin is huge! You can use Bitcoin to buy some things online, but it’s still catching on with retailers and consumers, slowly but surely. By accepting Bitcoin on Murfie, we’ve made hundreds of thousands of albums available to be bought using the digital currency, and we’ve opened the door for Bitcoin users to buy tons of music their preferred way. (We’re talking about a huge door opening, like a barn door. Or an airplane hangar.)
To buy Murfie credit using Bitcoin, visit the billing page in your account. Then, head over to our holiday gifts page and music marketplace and find something you like! Every CD you buy comes with unlimited 320kbps streaming, and downloads in mp3, aac, FLAC and Apple Lossless.
We’ve got bragging rights.
Murfie is the first music-only marketplace to accept Bitcoin, an open source, peer-to-peer digital currency. You can exchange Bitcoins for Murfie credit—which can then be used for any purchases on the site! Bitcoin is not managed by a central authority—it’s obtained via a selection of vendors and stored in digital wallets that can be downloaded to your computer or mobile device. Sources: bitcoin.org | en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin
Bitcoin is perfect for Murfie! Murfie is all about accessing your music on your own terms, and we want our members to buy music on their own terms, with a payment method that works for them: credit card, Murfie credit from sales, PayPal, or Bitcoin.
You can find the Bitcoin option by checking out the Billing page of your account. Enter in the desired amount of Murfie credit that you would like to buy, and Bitpay will safely process the exchange.
Hooray for cryptocurrency and buying music your way! Check out our press release in the Wall Street Journal for more info.