In the premiere round of Murfie fact vs fiction, we shared six stats and policies about Murfie. This time, it’s personal. Read on for six more #MurfieFacts about our HQ and people, originally trumpeted on our twitter feed, and go behind the impregnable walls* of Murfieland. (*Jk, you just need an invite or a key fob.)
- We call the whole process of receiving your kit, digitizing your CDs and storing them in our warehouse “ingesting.”
- Our CEO Matt Younkle invented and founded TurboTap. (It pours beer better and faster.)
- Our name has its origins in MRF! (What’s a MRF?)
- We make our kits in a room called the Favre Room. Don’t ask. (OK, it’s because there’s a poster of Brett Favre on the wall.)
- One of the wintertime perks around Murfieland is unlimited oranges. It’s Wisconsin; we need our vitamin C, dang it!
- We leave a handwritten note on every outgoing kit. (We like to keep it real, yo.)
Until round 3 . . . feel free to leave us a question you want answered. (whatever, whenever!)
Very recently we did a lil round of Murfie fact vs fiction on our twitter feed, during which we shared 6 truths about the Murfie biz model and music marketplace. So without further ado… Welcome to Murfie Truth-Club.
The first rule of Murfie Truth-Club is: we never ever get rid of your album art and liner notes. They stay in storage with your disc collection at Murfie HQ. #MurfieFacts
The second rule of Murfie Truth-Club is: we cannot and will not accept cassette tapes or for that matter, mixtapes. CDs are our bread and butter. #MurfieFacts
Third rule of Murfie Truth-Club: we gots 250,517 discs resting (perhaps even sleeping?) safe and sound in our warehouse. #MurfieFacts
Fourth rule: owning your music gives you solid rights to sell or digitally access. Every album in our universe is backed by a physical disc. #MurfieFacts
Fifth rule: to date there are 203,696 discs for sale / for trade in our marketplace at murfie.com/shop #MurfieFacts
Sixth rule: how big is the biggest CD collection on Murfie? 3,174 discs big, is the answer. #MurfieFacts
And that, my friends, are the rules of
fight club Murfie Truth-Club.
We be dropping some knowledge bombs in the twittersphere today. At your leisure, hit up the @murfiemusic feed for a mind-blowing round of Murfie fact vs fiction!
Feel free to ask us any Qs at any time, here or there! Our biggest hope is to help you all separate #MurfieFacts from fictions. We totally get that the Murfie business can be a bit confusing to understand, at first—but once you get what we’re all about, we sure hope you’ll lurve what we do.