It’s happened to the best of us: You’re scrolling through your Murfie collection, and bam!, you realize you’ve wound up with two copies of Carpenters‘ The Singles: 1969-1973; or you’re an ex-Beatles, newly-converted Stones fan, and you’re finally ready to ditch your once cherished copy of Revolver.
Well, here’s great news for you: Not only can you store your CD collection with Murfie, but you can sell it, too.
Selling Your CDs
Once you’ve made the decision that you’re ready to sell some CDs, the process is simple. To begin, sign in to murfie.com and click “Your Collection” on the header.
You’ll now see your prized Murfie collection. Once you’ve scrolled through your albums and found the one you’d like to sell, look to the right of the album’s artwork. If the album hasn’t been downloaded or shipped, you’ll see an area titled “View Selling Options.”
Once you’ve clicked “View Selling Options,” a range of dollar values will appear.
From here, you can select any dollar amount that you want to sell your CD for. At Murfie, we recommend that you put your CD for sale at the lowest price that it’s currently selling for. To find out what this lowest value is, simply move your peepers up two lines above the selling options to the where it says “Selling for.” This section will show you the current low and a high selling prices. If you’re lucky enough to be the only seller of your particular CD, however, this “Selling for” area will instead read, “Be the only seller!”
After you’ve selected your desired price, check the “For Sale” box. Congratulations! You now have an album for sale.
Do you want to save time and avoid pricing your own discs? Email email@example.com and ask for Easy Price. We’ll automatically price your CDs at a fair market value, and you should see sales almost immediately.
What To Expect After Your CD Has Sold
The first thing to do after you’ve sold a CD on Murfie is to congratulate yourself. High five your cat, pat yourself on the back or pop that bottle of bubbly—you sold a CD!
In your account balance, you’ll notice that you’ve received credit for 70% of the listed price of your CD. Murfie keeps the other 30% as commission. Any credit you earn from the sale, however, is yours to use: You can either put that credit to good use by buying other CDs, or you can cash it out as a check.
To cash your credit, click on your name in the upper left corner of the site, and select “Shipping” from the drop-down menu. After you’ve filled out your shipping info, head over to “Balance,” which can be found in the same drop-down menu. If you have a positive balance, you’ll see a green button that says “Request Check.” And once you’ve clicked that button, your balance will change back to $0 and you’ll receive your check within 2 weeks.
Once you’ve sold your CD on Murfie, you will no longer be able to access that particular disc for streaming or downloading, since the buyer now owns that disc. If it helps, think of Murfie as a used record store, but online—and even better!